TRIDENT JAGUAR 17 MEL/MIL Scripting Workshop
Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 17 (TRJR17) Scripting Workshop took place from 30 January to 10 February 2017 at NATO Joint Warfare Centre (JWC), Stavanger, Norway, with participation from both Training Audiences, 1 (German/Netherlands) Corps (1GNC) and Rapid Reaction Corps-France (RRC-FR), as well as Maritime, Special Operations and Air Component Commands, the Joint Logistics Support Group (JLSG), theatre troops, short-term operational contractors and in-house JWC staff.
German General Staff College visits JWC
On 14 February 2017, a delegation of German Fuehrungsakademie der Bundeswehr (German Staff College of the Joint Armed Forces) headed by Brigadier General Thomas Hambach paid an official visit to NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) in Stavanger, Norway.
An update on JWC's organizational development
On 8 February 2017, the JWC senior leadership team came together to discuss the results of the 2016 Annual Climate Survey and to plan the large upcoming summer rotation.
ACT Deputy Chief of Staff Joint Force Trainer visits JWC
Italian Air Force Major General Stefano Vito Salamida, Allied Command Transformation (ACT) Deputy Chief of Staff Joint Force Trainer, paid a visit to NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Thursday, 9 February 2017.
Exclusive Interview Deputy Commander NATO Force Integration Unit Estonia
NATO Force Integration Units (NFIUs) are part of the NATO Force Structure (NFS) under the primary responsibility of Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR); they have no deployable remit. You can read an exclusive interview with Royal Air Force Wg Cdr Mark Attrill here, which was published in JWC's The Three Swords Magazine in January 2017.
JWC hosted Building Integrity Introduction Seminar conducted by UK Defence Academy and Transparency International
NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) hosted a two-day Building Integrity (BI) Introduction Seminar in Jatta, Stavanger, from January 17 to 18.
International Day celebrated with food, fun and presentations at Joint Warfare Centre
On Sunday, 22 January 2017, the JWC community held its annual International Day celebration. This event allows our community to get together, meet new community members or catch up with others, and enjoy food and beverages from many of the Nations represented here at the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC).
JWC hosts TRIDENT JAVELIN 2017 Strategy Workshop
Representatives from ten NATO organizations, six partner agencies and other stakeholders came together at NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) for the TRIDENT JAVELIN 2017 (TRJN17) Main Events List/Main Incidents List (MEL/MIL) Strategy Workshop, 10-12 January 2017.
Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 16 in retrospect
TRIDENT JUNCTURE 16 (TRJE16), the computer-assisted/command post exercise (CAX/CPX) sponsored by Allied Command Transformation (ACT), certified NATO's Joint Force Command Naples (JFC Naples) to lead the NATO Response Force (NRF) in 2017.
31st issue of The Three Swords is now online
The magazine's online edition can be found at the link below:
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW Ambassador Alexander Vershbow
Ambassador Alexander Vershbow served in U.S. Government and NATO appointments for almost four decades. In 2012, he became the first American to hold the position of NATO Deputy Secretary General — the Alliance's second most senior international civil servant — a post from which he retired on 17 October 2016, handing over to Ms Rose Gottemoeller of the United States.
Societal Safety Conference in Stavanger focuses on terrorism
The 14th Societal Safety Conference (Samfunnssikkerhetskonferansen 2017) was held at the University of Stavanger (UiS) on Wednesday, 4 January 2017.
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW Ambassador Marriët Schuurman
Ambassador Marriët Schuurman on visit to the JWC reaffirmed gender equality, diversity and the role of women in peace and security: "The JWC plays a vital role in NATO and has an impact on how our forces perceive peace and security in a more comprehensive and inclusive manner."
TRIDENT JAVELIN 2017 Training Audience Commanders’ Conference
On Wednesday 30 November 2016, General Salvatore Farina, Commander JFC Brunssum chaired the TRIDENT JAVELIN 2017 Training Audience Commanders’ Conference in Stavanger. The conference was hosted by Major General Andrzej Reudowicz, Commander of the Joint Warfare Centre.
Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 16 concludes
The execution phase of exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 16 (TRJE16) was conducted from 24 October to 2 November in various locations across Europe, including the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) in Stavanger, Norway and Joint Force Command Naples (JFC Naples) in Naples, Italy, as well as on-board NATO ship FS Tonnerre afloat. During the exercise, 27 nations, both NATO and non-NATO, were present at the JWC and 57 participating units and organizations were represented.
NRF 17: Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 16
Directed by NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre (JWC), the computer assisted command post exercise (CAX/CPX) TRIDENT JUNCTURE 16 (TRJE16) is currently taking place in various locations across Europe as well as onboard NATO ship FS Tonnerre afloat.
NATO Senior Mentor Conference 2016
Polish Army Major General Andrzej Reudowicz, Commander JWC, hosted this year’s Allied Command Transformation (ACT) Senior Mentor Conference from 11 to 12 October at NATO's Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) in Stavanger. The conference is held annually since the mid-2000s under the direction and leadership of ACT’s Joint Force Trainer (JFT) based in Norfolk, Virginia in the United States.
Building Integrity Annual Discipline Conference at JWC
NATO's Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) hosted the Building Integrity Annual Discipline Conference in Stavanger, Norway from 28 to 29 September 2016. The conference was organized by the Centre for Integrity in the Defence Sector (CIDS), in cooperation with NATO HQ in Brussels and Allied Command Transformation (ACT).
Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 2016 Signals Set-Up
21 soldiers from 628 Signal Troop of NATO’s 1st Signal Battalion deployed to the former Cold War bunker that forms part of the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) facility for Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 2016 (TRJE16).
Crisis Response Planning for Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 17 concludes
The Crisis Response Planning phase for Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 17 (TRJR17) took place from 10 to 22 September 2016 in multiple locations across Europe including Lille (France), Mons (Brussels), Münster (Germany) and Stavanger (Norway).
- TRIDENT JUNCTURE 16 MEL/MIL Scripting Workshop Concludes
- Norwegian Chief of Defence Admiral Haakon Bruun-Hanssen visits JWC
- "I feel very fortunate to be assigned to the Joint Warfare Centre," U.S. Navy Rear Admiral John Brad Skillman says
- JWC Organizational Development Update
- International politics discussed at conference organized by DNAK
- General Denis Mercier: Warsaw Summit opened the fourth era for NATO Alliance
- JWC welcomes new Commander Brigadier General Andrzej Reudowicz
- 30th issue of The Three Swords is now online
- JWC bids farewell to Brigadier General Roger Watkins
- TRIDENT JAVELIN team building session
- Change of Command at NCI Agency CSU Stavanger
- TRJE16 OLRT deploys to Estonia
- Visit to JWC by the Minister of Defence of Norway
- TRIDENT JAGUAR 16 Execution Phase completed
- The new US Ambassador to Norway visits JWC
- JWC Names Military Member of the Year 2015
- TRJE16 Strategy Workshop at JWC brings together NRF 2017 staff
- MEL/MIL Scripting Workshop conducted for TRIDENT JAGUAR 2016
- The 426th Air Base Squadron in Stavanger recognizes Norwegian security conscripts and officers
- German Ambassador to Norway visits JWC
- Capability Integration Workshop at Joint Warfare Centre
- JWC AWARDS: 2015 NATO Meritorious Service Medal
- ACT Deputy Chief of Staff for Capability Development visits JWC
- NRDC-TUR concludes OLRT training for exercise TRJR16
- Conference on Civil Protection 2016
- New Local Arrangement signed between HNoMS Harald Haarfagre and the Joint Warfare Centre
- Behind-the-scenes at TRIDENT JET shows unique aspects of vignette-driven exercise
- Commander Joint Warfare Centre's statement on the terrorist attacks in Paris
- General Denis Mercier, NATO’s new SACT, visits Joint Warfare Centre
- General Petr Pavel, Chairman of the NATO Military Committee visits JWC
- Exclusive video interview with the NATO Secretary General
- NATO Secretary General visits the Joint Warfare Centre in Stavanger
- A brief look into OPFOR, the JWC-led simulated enemy
- NATO Secretary General media huddle at JWC
- NATO begins exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15
- JWC celebrates 25 years of German Reunification
- A Three Swords News "Spotlight" Special Report
- New Leader of NATO's Transformation
- JWC begins EXCON training for TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15
- “From Wales to Warsaw, NATO’s responsiveness and readiness can be observed to increase by the day,” Major General Reinhard Wolski
- CWIX 15 Test Hard, Be Ready
- Preparations underway for TRIDENT JET 16
- Commander Joint Warfare Centre on the loss of Air Marshal (Ret.) Peter Walker
- Getting newcomers on board
- 2015 JWC Welcome BBQ and Information Day
- JWC to test optimized organization
- TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15 CPX and the Canadian Connection
- An update on JWC's One Team Programme
- JWC conducts Civil Environment Workshop for TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15
- Exercise TRIDENT JET 16 Crisis Response Planning