Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) Civilian Human Resources is responsible for the recruitment, Human Resources (HR) management and administration of NATO International Civilian (NIC) personnel appointed to JWC, NCI Agency and SHAPE NEC CCIS SSC in accordance with appropriate agreements and delegations of authority.
Here you can access information related to NIC positions at the JWC in Stavanger, Norway; NCI Agency and NEC CCIS SSC in Kolsås, Norway.
Civilian Employment Opportunities
The need for continuity in essential activities, together with such factors such as the cost of training military personnel for skills already available in the civilian market, contribute to a need for civilian manpower as an important part of NATO's military structure. At the JWC, NATO civilian staff work along-side their military colleagues in functions such as finance, human resource management, communications and information systems, training, administration and linguistics.
There are three categories of staff employed at the JWC which are broken down into a number of grades:
- A grades are professional-level posts, such as: Information Systems Engineers, Finance Officers, Personnel Officer etc.
- L grades are specialist linguistic posts, such as Translator.
- B grades are typically technicians or assistants, such as: Information Systems Technicians, Finance Assistants, Administrative Assistants etc.
Please note that although NATO has two official languages (English and French), work at the JWC is conducted mainly in the English language.
Applicants for posts at the Joint Warfare Centre must be a national of one of the following countries:
Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States of America.
- JWC Application Form
- Application Form Continuation Sheet
- NATO Terms and Conditions of Employment
- NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations
The postal address for the Civilian HR is as follows:
Joint Warfare Centre
PO Box 8080
Phone: +47 52 87 92 16